2-Hours Cambodian Buddhist Water Blessing
Take part in a sacred Buddhist ritual when you travel to the Wat atvea Pagoda outside Siem Reap and receive a water blessing. Travel through the countryside and, at the temple, choose from 2 types of blessings that will each bring you cleansing and luck.
Water blessings are a traditional Cambodian practice that date back to ancient times. The blessings take place in an ancient pagoda in the countryside, just south of Siem Reap. Receive a blessing of your own during this 1-hour water blessing experience at the Wat Atvea Pagoda.
Choose from 2 forms of blessings from the monks living at the pagoda. The first begins with the monks chanting harmoniously as they wish you good luck, safe travel, and a long life. It is accompanied by a light sprinkling of water. The second is a longer ritual which involves vessels of blessed water being poured over your head while the monks chant. For this ritual, you will be provided with a sarong to change into so that your clothing remains dry.
At the end of the blessing, your wrist is adorned with special red ties that signify the blessing performed.
TOUR PRICE BASED ON DIFFERENT GROUP SIZE:
|NUMBER OF PAX||2 PAX||3-5PAX||6-10PAX|
|PRICE PER PERSON IN USD||US$40.00||US$35.00||US$30.00|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please "Contact Us"
- Donation to the pagoda
What's Not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide or driver (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Conservative dress is required to participate in this tour. Travelers must wear clothes that cover the shoulders and knees
- English, Spanish, French and German language options available This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Siem Reap
- Day Trip
- 2-HOURS CAMBODIA BUDDHIST BLESSING