Angkor Wat and The Royal Temples Full-Day Tour
Marvel at what remains of the famed Khmer Empire and bear witness to the stunning ruins of Angkor Wat on this private full-day tour from Siem Reap. Kick things off at the south gate of Angkor Thom City. Follow your guide through Bayon and Baphuon temple before venturing into the Royal Enclosure and Phimeanakas. Take in the beauty of the Terrance of Leper Kings and the Terrace of Elephants, then enjoy a traditional lunch of savory Cambodian cuisine. Finally, explore iconic Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage listed site that remains one of the most well preserved parts of the archeological park. You’ll have plenty of time to explore the grounds before returning to your hotel in a private vehicle.
- Private full-day tour of Angkor Wat and the royal temples
- Explore the Bayon, the centerpiece of the ancient Angkor Thom City
- View Baphuon temple, the Royal Enclosure and Phimeanakas with your informative guide
- Discover the temple of Angkor Wat, the most famous and best-preserved structure within the Angkor complex Enjoy a Khmer-style lunch in front of the majestic site
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned private vehicle
Meet your private driver and friendly guide at your hotel before heading out on your Full-Day Tour from Siem Reap. Your memorable tour kicks off at Angkor Thom City’s South Gate, where you’ll learn about the 54 demons that line the road. Your professional guide will share stories about the UNESCO-listed site where remains of the former Khmer Empire date back to as early as the 9th century. The itinerary is flexible and guides can tailor the trip to traveler interests. Take in the splendor of Bayon, located at the center of this great walled city. You can explore on your own, or follow your guide, who will highlight features like the 200 stone faces that surround the center. Next you’ll venture to the three-tiered temple of Baphon. Built in the 11th century and recently restored, Baphon was made as an homage to the Hindu god Shiva. You’ll spend about two hours in Angkor Thom, where you’ll wander through the Royal Enclosure and Phimeanakas. Check out the Terrace of Elephants and the Terrace of Leper Kinds before tucking into traditional cuisine in front of the famed Angkor Wat. Arguably the most famous of these temple ruins, Angkor Wat is a sight to behold. You’ll have time to explore your surroundings with your guide, who will share stories and details about this 12th century Khmer ceremonial structure. Spend an afternoon wandering the galleries where carvings tell stories from the story Ramayana, and take in the peaceful reflecting pools and giant moat that are just part of what makes Angkor Wat unique. Once you’ve finished taking in the temples, head back to your Siem Reap hotel in your private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup at cruise port in Siem Reap is NOT included and is an additional cost
- Siem Reap
- Day Trip
- Angkor Wat and The Royal Temples Full-Day Tour